Holiday Train Show
The Holiday Train Show is the museum’s biggest event of the year. It features model trains of many sizes to delight train lovers of all ages. Even Santa himself drops in from time to time.
The show is held rain or shine on the Saturday and Sunday of the first full weekend in December. Displays fill the Station and grounds.
Past participants of the Holiday Train Show have included:
- The National Capital Trackers O gauge modular railroad club.
- The Washington Virginia & Maryland Garden Railway Society and their G scale trains.
- Potomac Module Crew, an HO scale club.
- Northern Virginia NTRAK, an N scale club.
- Z scale modelers.
- Hope and Dan Danielson with their Standard gauge display.
- Lego trains by Monty Smith.
- Special displays by Clem Clement, past president of the Eastern Division of the Train Collectors Associatio.
- The “Loco Doctor”, who diagnoses your sick train.
- Members of The George Washington Chapter of the Model “A” Ford Club of America.
The next Holiday Train Show will take place on December 6 and 7. Please check the Events Calendar for additional information.