Holiday Train Show
The Holiday Train Show is the museum’s biggest event of the year. It features model trains of many sizes to delight train lovers of all ages. Santa will be there, and everyone wants to buy and eat a gingerbread man.
Past features of the Holiday Train Show have included:
- The National Capital Trackers, an O gauge modular railroad club
- The Washington Virginia & Maryland Garden Railway Society, encircling the station with their G scale trains, regardless of rain or snow
- Potomac Module Crew, an HO scale club
- Northern Virginia NTRAK, an N scale club
- Z scale display by Ell Geib
- Standard gauge display by Hope and Dan Danielson
- Lego trains by Monty Smith
- Special displays by Clem Clement, past president of the Eastern Division of the Train Collectors Association
- The “Loco Doctor”, who will diagnose, fix or make recommendations for your sick train
- Weather permitting, members of The George Washington Chapter of the Model “A” Ford Club of America bring their antique cars on Saturday
Click here to see links to railroad and model train sites.